Hello there Friendly!Yessir, those towers in Dragonspyre are very mean!
This is me, Fred Firepants. I have a question for you.
Do you have any tips for soloing annoying towers? What spells to use to finish off mobs?
Lol, I should probably ask a fire wizard, but I'm feeling random so you score a question =P
I'm trying the bladed helephant on each enemy but should I try a AoE spell instead? Like a firebladed elementalbladed Meteor Strike?
So much taunt.
Ok, here's my little tips to help you survive towers when you're not a Death wizard. LOL. We get it easy since our final attack is also a heal.
1- Shields. It's hard to kind of plan what type of monster you're going to go up against, but shields help so much with blocking damage. If you can alternate shielding and blading and shielding and trapping, then you're doing great.
2. Heal. Always bring a full set of potion bottles with you. The goal at the end of a fight in a tower is always always to be as close to full health as you can get before moving on to the next floor. Sometimes that means that you have to have a fight extend a little bit so you can reach that goal of healing right before killing, and that can be really hard when you see a card in your hand and you're ready to defeat that mob . . . and yet you have to wait for it so you can heal yourself. You know? Patience is so key in towers when in there solo . . . aaaand when that isn't possible, potion bottle. Use them sparingly, but use them! Yup.
3. Damage. When I play a Fire Wizard out in the open, I'm kind of fond of a bladed scald under a wildfyre aura. Although your monsters get a couple extra rounds while they burn, you also get a couple extra rounds to heal or choke them. Towers on the other hand, attacking single targets with something like firezilla or helephant to take them out one at a time may be more to your advantage as the more opponents out on the battlefield, the more damage is potentially being done to you. It's much easier to shield and heal against one opponent than two.
4. Minion. So your minion does a couple things, but mostly it traps, blades, and casts fire elf and fire cat. I'm a fan of the minion myself because they usually take the attention off of me even if for a little bit by one of those creatures. Yeah, it's a pain when they blow one of your traps on a boss fight, but for the trash on the levels of a tower . . . LOVE thy minion. I also like how they seem to just push mobs over the edge with their little attacks when my scald or other attack wasn't quite enough.
5. Treasure Cards. If you're not using your treasure cards, you're not playing with a full deck, yo. There's a number of ways of doing this, but mainly you either load your treasure deck up with heals, shields, or damage attacks. Treasure cards increase the predictability of the battle, so use them to your advantage. It's better to discard one card and draw a treasure card than to sit and blindly discard trying to find the card you need.
6. Don't solo. Seriously! You're a popular guy, Fred! Use that to your advantage! :-)
And that's about all I got. Maybe one of my readers (who have been awesome filling in the gaps in my knowledge lately btw) will have some extra tips for soloing towers as a fire wizard.
Hope that helps, Mr. Firepants! Nice poem btw.