Saturday, August 8, 2015

#Blaugust Day 8 -- Fishing Vines for a Fishing Story

I've been a bit busy in Wizard101 catching all kinds of fish in Dragonspyre. I'm behind a world as Dragonspyre fishing hit the pavement back in April and the latest fishing craze (and levels) can be found in Celestia.

That said, if you're looking for a full fish guide, there's plenty around between Swordroll, Stars of the Spiral, Duelist101, Wizard101 Central's Wiki, Mercenaries for Hire, and Adventures of the Spiral Fishing Database.

What about me? Where's my guide? Pffttttt, all I've got is fancy Vines and a story about me fishing in Dragonspyre to share today! ;p

So I remember I left off in Dragonspyre after Lucky Hookline sent me there, and today after doing a round of gardening I saw I had some energy left. Knowing I needed to do a Blaugust post today, I thought to myself, HEY, MAYBE FISHING! YEAH!

I didn't read any of the above guides to refresh myself (the mercs guide would have been particularly helpful to read in advance) and just started casting out my old rank 1 lures and caught a lot of this . . .

(Old vine video deleted)

and this . . .

(Old vine video deleted)

and even one or two of these! (Which ain't that shabby)

(Old vine video deleted)

Somehow I muddled through the quest and managed to catch a Dragonfly Fish and a Hard Albacore, but it took me a bit to catch this freaking thing:

(Old vine video deleted)

YES! YELLOW GRUNION, BABY! YES!

The next quest old Yuri Smokesnare had for me was to catch a . . . dun dun dun . . . Sentinel Fish!  This one I remember reading you had to slap that spacebar as soon as a sentinel fish nibbled your lure, and it wasn't too much pain to fish up the guardian of Dragonspyre's lava lakes!

(Old vine video deleted)

HA!

. . . and then the streams went dead with the quest to catch an Ember Parrot Fish . . . I did a quick search on the Ember Parrot fish and found this thread where I soon found I was not alone, but it also put out that missing piece of information for me "Rank 2."

*slaps head*

Therein lies the problem of picking up on a quest from several months ago, you forget things, like there being a Rank 2 version of a spell.  HA! I went and snatched up my missing spells back in Grizzleheim and ran back to The Tower Archives fishing spot I was at, so when my energy was back, I could give it another shot.

I had a lot of fun, and I'll be seeing you in Celestia's ponds soon!

Happy Dueling!

~~

This post is part of the Blaughust challenge -- Thanks to Belghast from Tales of the Aggronaut for hosting. 

1 comment:

Unknown said...

LOL I love reading your stuff Friendly, you make me feel SO normal lol. I have done those very same things :D