Wednesday, August 5, 2015

#Blaugust Day 5 -- Pirate101 PvP Updates are live!

The word went out last night that the Pirate101 was updating the game and bringing the Test Realm to the live Realm . . . and we've finally got ourselves some Ranked P V P! Practice PvP was put into the game a couple months after launch and always with the promise that more was to come. It has always been hugely requested, and so I'm very happy to see that it's finally made it into the game.

Enzo is up and ready to get you queued for combat!


That bit of dialog in his picture is one of the main differences you'll find between ranked PvP in Wizard101 and Pirate101. Ages in Pirate101 are going to roll much faster than the longer ages of Wizard101.  It's seasonal. Rewards are going to rotate a bit on the PvP vendors season to season and if you're a heavy PvP'er, you're going to want to come back every season when you hit the top. (There's also a cool free for all mode -- FOUR PIRATES ENTER, ONE PIRATE WINS!)

Speaking of vendors, I had to run into game and take a picture with the one named after me this morning. :) Yup, I'm a dog pirate who sells pets. LOL.



It's really an honor, and I'm very flattered. It was a total surprise!  Kind of embarrassing and kind of awesome at the same time. I talk a bit about it in our recent KI Live show, and also show off a very short bit of the new nautical instance: The Pirate Regatta.



PvP Seasons are going to be cool . . . it gives us an opportunity to tweak things if something goes completely out of balance, and I certainly hope you enjoy it to its fullest!

Happy Dueling

~~

This post is part of the Blaughust challenge -- Thanks to Belghast from Tales of the Aggronaut for hosting. 

2 comments:

Edward Lifegem said...

I love this new update. It really gives everyone something to do until the next world update. I'm actually planning on trying Ranekd PvP out on Pirate101. That's crazy since I don't PvP at all on Wizard101, but I have a feeling Pirate101 is a different in a good way. :D The Nautical Gauntlet is also amazing! I had a chance to try that out and I know it won't be my last time. Haha, I think it's cool that there's an NPC with your name! :P And before I make this comment any longer, I really love your blog's new style (especially the header)! :D

Chrissy The Blesser said...

I love the new look, even if I loved the old one too. :D Congratulations again on your little piece of permanent fame with Honest Tom Perdue. That doesn't actually make you a Scurvy Dog now, does it? :P
Congratulations on the fruition of all that hard work for you and the whole KI team on getting yet another update up and running. Keep up the great work :D