Tuesday, August 25, 2015

#Blaugust Day 25 -- We Pause Now for Station Identification . . .

Hey all! So here we are near the end of Blaugust, and I have to say it's been interesting to put blogging as a high priority again. This was very easy to do since it's summer, and I was able to take a couple hours in the morning and devote it to simply playing video games and thinking about them in the form of blog posts.

NO MORE!

The problem here is that . . . school starts for my kids today. So, I have to be dad again in the mornings. Sigh, it's over.  I MISS YOU ALREADY, SUMMER!!

One might say, well then just wake up an extra hour early, Friendly!! Yeah, I already wake up at five in the morning. I'm not waking up at four. I love you guys, but I don't know if I love you that much.



Those memorable locations posts I've been doing take a lot out of me. I've been burning a bit of the midnight oil to get all the pictures in all of the games.  So, I still have a few more games that I want to do "memorable locations" for, but I'm going to have to put them off until the weekends. Stay tuned beyond Blaugust and you'll see "memorable locations" posts for the following:
  • Pirate101
  • Guild Wars 1
  • Guild Wars 2
  • LOTRO
  • Super Mario 64
  • AND MORE!
I'll get them out there eventually, but not today. (I'm hoping Saturday mornings will give me a bit more time?)

Next, over the course of this month I've changed a few things here. My look is super cartoony thanks to my daughter making an awesome new header for me, and I don't mind that.  I think for the most part I'm part humorist and part serious gamer, and I want my blog to keep that lighthearted yet serious feel. COME! READ THE FRIENDLY NECROMANCER! I'm a guilty pleasure, admit it . . . I'll give you some news, but you're gonna get a little Ziggy and a little Fox Trot while you're here. 


(Thanks daughter for at least trying to doodle me a comic five minutes before leaving for school)

Also, I'm doing an experiment, and I added a contact form over on the right hand side to see what happens. If you have a tip, or a question, or a thought you'd like to share, type it in there and shoot it over to me.  If it becomes too spammy, I'll remove the contact form, but in the meantime . . . USE THAT BOX! It may spawn blog posts with your question or thoughts.

Finally, I'm going to trim a bit more of the fat on my blogroll.  Those who haven't posted in a few months are going to get cut in anticipation of adding new friends and new blogs . . . active blogs! 

TFN is still changing, so thank you for staying with me. We'll reevaluate after Blaugust and see how things are looking for the future.

Happy Dueling!

~~

This post is part of the Blaugust challenge -- Thanks to Belghast from Tales of the Aggronaut for hosting. 

No comments: