Sunday, August 9, 2015

#Blaugust Day 9 -- Done and Done with a side of LOTRO

Leala and I prep'd at work on Friday, and we really wanted to head through Darkmoor in the afternoon to get our wonderful Khrulhu spells simultaneously, but, you know, work actually got in the way . . . again. ;)

So when we left work for the weekend, we absolved each other of any wrong that could be seen from separately gaining the giant tentacled monster of death over the weekend (these absolvings are good mojo), and the rest is history. Leala got her Khrulhu, and I got mine too!


Look at that team!


It was all about buffing up Blaze for the smackdown with Glowbug, and BAM!


The next thing I know I've got some new found tentacle power ready to drop on all the unsuspecting ghosts of Unicorn way (A definite misuse of new found power).


I'm sure you'll be seeing more Khrulhu from Thomas Lionblood in much more than Unicorn Way in the future. ;)

~~

Switching gears over to Guild Wars 2. I finished my back item! (You know that one I was whining about a couple posts back? that one.)


So looking at Khrulhu and my new backpiece, apparently all the cool things in this world are tentacle looking.

DONE AND DONE!

I'm so happy to be done crafting that back piece.  Whew.  The only thing left would be to gather up 500 fractal relics and make it infused.  Yeah, that's uh, going to probably never happen. *shrug*

~~

Switching gears to LOTRO . . . WHAT?!  WHAT DID YOU SAY?! WHAT IS THIS TOM FOOLERY?!  Yup, I had a special task from the Uber Wife yesterday where she commanded me to clean up my desk area that had become a heath hazard, and I found an unredeemed LOTRO pre-paid card that Fred Howard had given me a couple years ago. (Side note, Fred no longer works for KingsIsle in case you all hadn't heard that already.) A rep from Turbine had given it to him at a convention I believe, and he just didn't have the time or inclination to play the game at the time. 

I have a level 51 Minstrel and a level 50 Champion in LOTRO from when that was my main game (it used to be all about the LOTRO my friends), but outside of a short stint playing LOTRO with the crew from Spiral Radio and a visit to Weatherstock, I personally just turned a blind eye to it. I guess that you can get all the way up to level 100 now! CRAZY!

I had purchased the expansion after vanilla LOTRO, and so there actually is content in there for me to do . . . so why not!

It took a couple hours for LOTRO to download and then I started up the drums of death and horrific lizard-frying beams of light!


Apparently a lot has changed since I played last, but I still managed to set up a skill tree as a damage-spec minstrel and, at least in this quest area I was in, there wasn't really any danger at all. Just mostly inventory problems carried over from 2007. ;)

So, maybe you'll hear a bit more about LOTRO as well during Blaugust! 

~~

Let me know in the comments if there's anything in particular you'd like to hear more about in any of these games I've been playing . . . or even just feel free to issue me a (minor) challenge of some sort. I'll see what I can do to oblige.

Happy Dueling!

~~

This post is part of the Blaughust challenge -- Thanks to Belghast from Tales of the Aggronaut for hosting. 

2 comments:

Knifesedgegames said...

Awesome awesome awesome! I'm back on a Lotro kick right now and loving it, having played almost continuously for 5 years and having a couple of months of. Might have missed it skimming through the post, but did you mention which server you play on?

Stingite said...

@Knifesedgegames: I'm playing on Windfola mostly! Glad to hear we have a common love for this game. :)