Tuesday, August 18, 2015

#Blaugust Day 18 -- Free scary demons vs. MOBA noobs

I'm a sucker for free stuff, especially when it's free nerdy stuff. I'm the type of person that used to go to conventions with my mom and run around with a bag collecting all the free pencils, pens, erasers, key chains, and "convention swag" as they call it. This carried over into real life . . . anytime I go to a convention, the real goal is to get as much loot as possible.

. . . perhaps that's why the very mention of "free" is enough to get me to try something out. I like to think it's a weakness I share with many people. SHOUT OUT TO ALL THE POOR PEEPS WHO WANT FREE STUFF!

And that's why the announcement about getting a free Lord of Terror, Diablo Hero, in Heroes of the Storm has convinced me to at least download the game.  . . . and I usually avoid MOBAs like the plague!


I'm possibly the worst MOBA player in all of history, but free is FREE!

So here's the deal . . . the Uber Wife plays a lot of DOTA 2 (follow that link to DOTA 2 and tell me you aren't blown away by the $18 million prize pool for the International Championships). She has an online buddy that convinced her to download it a long time ago . . . she also claims to be the worst MOBA player of all history, but she actually LIKES that kind of punishment. (Truth be known she plays a pretty mean Jakiro.)

Shhhh, so my plan!

I'm gonna throw down the gauntlet and see if my wife will join me in a few matches of Heroes of the Storm!! Maybe our powers of Noobness will combine and create the perfect noob storm in Heroes of the Storm! Amirite?

Happy Dueling!

~~

This post is part of the Blaugust challenge -- Thanks to Belghast from Tales of the Aggronaut for hosting. 

2 comments:

Neri said...

Sorry, but I actually take the crown of being the worst MOBA player ever. :P

If it wasn't for my husband telling me what I'm supposed to actually be doing on each map, I'd just run around in circles looking for people to pew pew!

I hope you and your wife have a blast :)

Stingite said...

@Neri: Thanks! (Still haven't made it through the tutorial lol)