Thursday, August 13, 2015

#Blaugust Day 13 -- Building a Necromancer in Hearthstone?

So, I like Necromancers, um, obviously. If there is a necromancer choice in a game, it's a good chance I've tried it or it's my main class I play. I'm the Friendly Necromancer after all. (So many "Duhs" were just whispered.)

Yesterday I asked the people around me which they thought would be more of a Necromancer-based class in Hearthstone, a Priest or a Warlock and the quick vote was with Warlock.


I can see that -- especially with all the demon summoning and sacrificing life for cards going on with Warlocks. There's even a "Drain Life" card that deals 2 damage and restores 2 health, but a Warlock is more about the demons than the undead. It's a slight difference. Some might argue the nature of the spells are different as well.

Priests on the other hand have their "Shadow" side, which is what I was thinking. spells like "Shadow Word: Pain," "Shadow Word: Death," "Thoughtsteal," "Cabal Shadow Priest," and "Mindcontrol."


So it's an interesting question.  The Internet gave me a third option: Shaman. This build focuses on spells like "Reincarnate," and "Ancenstral Spirit" and "Feral Spirit" with a whole lot of Deathrattle.


Any way you slice it though, it looks like the best way to get Necromancer-esque cards is to play through the Curse of Naxxramas PvE Adventure, where (as it states on the description in the shop) The Lich Kel-Thuzad awaits within. OH NO, YOU DIDN'T JUST SAY LICH TO ME! 

I need Zombie Chow like yesterday. How many times have I been destroyed by the Stalagg/Feugen combo (at least a couple)? Lich! All these great cards are available in the Naxxramas adventure if you can make you're way through it.

(Sidenote, speaking of Naxxramas cards, I found another "Polymorph" type of card from Hearthstone . . . Majordomo Executus -- when it deathrattles, your hero becomes Ragnaros.) 

To be honest, ever since seeing this particular adventure, I've wanted to play through it. The question is, do I want to earn it with Gold (which, yikes, 700 gold per wing) or just buy it. It's only $24.99, and I'm sure I'll get the value out of it.  As my character sometimes says in Hearthstone, "Hmmm, what to do, what to do."

. . . I'm pretty sure you all know I'm going to cave and buy it, especially when I don't have a lot of time to play Hearthstone all day long. (I've been struggling to find game time with Blaugust going on as well, hehe.)

So, leave your thoughts if you could. 

1- What do you think is the most "Necromancer'y" of the three choices: Priest, Warlock, or Shaman
2- Do you have any other ideas about building a Necromancer deck?
3- I should just cave and buy this outright, right? I've heard such good things about these adventures, and I haven't given Blizzard money since Diablo 3 (which reminds me . . . I wanted to try out the Diablo 3 expansion)
4- Other recommendations?

Happy Dueling!

~~

This post is part of the Blaughust challenge -- Thanks to Belghast from Tales of the Aggronaut for hosting. 

No comments: