Thursday, August 22, 2024

Evel Knievel Meets 7D2D

A couple days ago, I logged on 7 Days to Die to play with my buddy Dylan and his boys, and I was beckoned to come to them only with the promise that "it'll be worth it" and "you just gotta see this."

With that I hopped on my motorcycle and drove on over to their location, making guesses the entire way . . . what is it? a new base? A captured hoard of zombies?

Full nerd gear on a motorcycle . . . life is good in the apocalypse!

No.  What I discovered was the most amazing Evel Knievel ramp for us to ride our motorcycles up and through . . . a true test of keyboard and mouse dexterity.  I suppose they had gotten extremely bored of building up our base in hopes of confronting the next blood moon and just thought . . . nope . . . time to change this zombie-killing game into Moto X3M!

YEEHAW!!!!

Dylan asked me how I could tech up the ramp, and I immediately went with lights . . . and not only lights, but lights that would turn on as you took that first ramp.  Much to our disappointment, the pressure plates didn't actually sense pressure from motorcycles, which seems like an oversight from the dev team.

Cranking up the cool

So we replaced the pressure plates with motion-sensing cameras, and that "kind of" worked, but for some reason, a few of the lights just never kicked on.  They would kick on if you approached the ramp from one direction, but not from the other direction. 

Anyway, even with just partial lighting from motion sensors, it was still freaking amazing and I can't wait to log on again to see what became of the ramp.  last I heard, they were trying to build on a loop.  Here's to hoping they found a way to make it work.

Happy Dueling!

No comments: