Saturday, August 17, 2024

The BG3 Beastlord Continues!

 Oh no!  The day ends in a couple hours and I haven't even started writing a blog post today!  *cracks fingers* I got this.

It's been a pretty great day today full of videogames and random fun with the family.  I'll talk more about the random fun tomorrow, but for today, let's talk a little bit about Baulder's Gate 3.

Time for Shadowheart to roll a nat 20!

The past couple of days I've been dipping back into Baulder's Gate 3 to continue a play-through of my Everquest Beastlord build I've been wanting to make.  I was hoping by the end of the day to be level 5, but I've ended up only at level 4. I'm now a level 2 monk and a level 2 ranger. 

The Beastlord and his crew

I'm liking it so far and the NPCs I've chosen to accompany me on this play-through are pretty great. I've got Karlach in my sights for a love interest, although it seems Gale and Asterion really want me to go after them. Speaking of Asterion, I'm loving my new vampiric thief sidekick. He's pretty great in combat. Shadowheart is also fantastic for healing everyone and adding a bit of burn with her cleric spells and flail.

The big battle for today was wiping out the entire goblin camp. It's a little crazy how I just destroyed that place. I started out trying to get in with my goblin insider friend I freed from prison, but then I just went full murder hobo on all of them and couldn't stop.  The very end involved me kiting a big group of goblins down a pathway and behind a waterfall.

Hiding behind a waterfall and murdering goblins one-by-one

I was hoping all that killing would get me to fifth level, but alas.  When I left off I had traveled down into the underdark and made nice with the myconids.  My next target will be the Druegar dwarves, but knowing that the battle ahead of me will take a solid half hour to an hour, I called it so I could run to my blog and type up a quick missive.

down down down we go into the Underdark

My next level for the Beastlord will be dinging level 3 as a ranger, and then I'll probably switch over to cleric for a bit.

It's been really enjoyable going back into the game, but I know at some point soon I'll have to stop playing so Dylan and I can finish our play-through.  He's been keeping us busy in 7 Days to Die.  Tomorrow's fun will be taking on another blood moon. It'll be great!

Happy Dueling!

No comments: