Wednesday, August 21, 2024

The Grym Truth

Hello friends and happy Blaugust to you all! I've been enjoying writing every day even if it's about random stuff I'm doing in random games.  I'm sure you've noticed, some days are better than others around here, and I kind of feel like today's post is one of those that will be swallowed up to time and forgotten pretty quickly.  Here I am anyway! Just writing about my crazy boss fight in Baulder's Gate 3 with my weird Everquest Beastlord D&D character!  Enjoy! 

YES! VICTORY IS MINE!

I returned to the Grymforge and decided it was time to forge that awesome suit of Adamantine Scale Mail and fight Grym himself.  Knowing that the fight was scripted to cause you to get the boss into the center (just off of center) and slam the giant forge hammer on him two times, maybe 3, that was definitely my goal.

After a reset from a fight gone wrong the first time, I managed to get him down the second time and win not only my freshly forged Scale Mail but also the boss's helm. 

Gotta love that crit resistance on that helm!

I put the Scale Mail on my beastlord and pushed the helm off to Shadowheart, the cleric. It worked pretty well to be honest. I haven't had any complaints so far.

After that, I decided to swing a hard left and see what was up with the fire elemental wandering the lakes of lava in the area. This fight also took a reset because every round that guy heals for a ton . . . basically up to full.  I managed to burn him down eventually and claim his spoils. 

One dead fire elemental, thank you!

The weirdest reward, however, lay just beyond the fire elemental on a small outcropping of rocks where a chest held what appeared to be a possessed amulet that wanted to make you giggle if you didn't make your saving throw.  

Man, being tickled to death and locked inside an amulet would suck

It's quite a tragic piece of jewelry as it turns out since the person whose soul is trapped inside died from laughing torture. This should be interesting!  I'm actually pretty excited to follow that quest and see where it leads me.

Man, it's pretty crazy how much Dylan and I missed on our playthrough before.  I'm pretty happy I've been able to experience all this extra side content I wouldn't have seen if I didn't get the crazy desire to play an Everquest Beastlord in Baulder's Gate 3.

Happy Dueling!

1 comment:

Tipa said...

Ya know, I don't think I saw that fire elemental or that amulet....