Here's a great picture with a lot of information going on:
1) harvesting a honey-sickle was worth 5 xp.I call that garden my "happy garden." It's awesome. Here's another view:
2) I dinged level 2 here.
3) honey-sickle gives blade cards and gold.
4) my garden rocks.
The odd thing about this screenshot is that the words "Honey Sickle" is displayed. I'm not sure if that's a bug or not? I don't recall seeing that on any of my other loot shots from harvesting plants? I'm just not quite sure what that is?
Here's a ground shot of my Desparagus garden with a close up on that :( face of my plant. heh.
I have eight of them all clumped together. Here's the loot screen from when I harvested all eight in a row. (Hi, John Lifeglen.)
That there is a lot of minion-related treasure cards!
Here's a cool screenshot of me casting the level two bug killing spell to help out my desparagus plants. BE GONE BUGS!
One thing I want you to notice on that screenshot are all the little dots on the tree beside my garden. Do you see those dots? Those dots are the icons symbols from my happy garden plants. (I don't think those should be shining through my tree there . . . reminds me of the old graphic glitch involving the fire elf tree in the battle circle.)
And finally I have a picture of me standing in front of my ELDER Honey Sickle plants in the happy garden! ELDER!
The end result of harvesting those bad-boys was 50xp each (resulting in level 3 gardener) and three blade treasure cards per honeysickle plant. /clap clap!
As far as bug reports: I was quite discouraged to find that two of my front three laugh-o-dill plants in my happy garden just . . . disappeared . . . after harvesting my elder plants. SPOOKY! I'm not sure why, but I know I'm not the first to have a plant or two just disappear on them. I've also notice that sometimes I can't see anything but the sky when I'm in my massive fantasy palace now as well. It's a weird glitch where I have to port around to finally get the world to show up.
As far as complaints:
1) Tending to plants moves entirely too slowly. I hate to have to wait for one plant's animation to completely run its course before being able to tend to my next plant. I should be able to click click click around on my plants and take care of them quickly. Yes, I know there are AOE spell cards from Moolinda Woo's pack and that the pest zapping spells and higher level spells are AOE based, but . . . the speed I am able to cast the level one spells just moves too slowly for my tastes.Other than those little issues so far, I'm pretty happy with Gardening. It adds a whole new dimension to my housing and has been a lot of fun to mess around with. I find myself wanting to log on just to "check on my plants" throughout the day, which is kind of what I think they wanted. ;)
2) I also don't like how I can waste my energy globe because of accidental clicking outside of my garden. Those spells should only work if I have a plant selected.
3)Don't even get me started on the fact that plants and pets now use the same energy globe. IMHO, if they're going to do that, they need to up the rate of energy regeneration so I can participate in both more frequently.
4) Those new plant cards are showing up in my dueling deck? what? That can't be right.
5) AND FINALLY, it appears as though my plants are counting as double the house item? Maybe one for the ground and one for the plant? I'm hoping that gets fixed for sure.