Friday, October 29, 2010

Friendly's Selwyn Strats

Heya!

So, I've been somewhat silent on the blog here since Celestia came out. Well, I'd say that's a good thing. :-) That means I've been enjoying the game and doing that whole less talkee more playee thing.

I like it, and I have a lot of cool pictures to share . . . eventually.

Anyway, today I was finishing up the Stellarium and came upon a boss I remembered fighting on the Test Realm. It was a pretty fun fight (thus why I remembered it so well).

I decided to hit the record button and make a YouTube out of it where I could discuss a bit about how Selwyn Cheats. :-) I'm a necromancer, so of course, I soloed it. ;-)

Check it out!



If you have any more information on this fight that I might have left out, feel free to leave a comment.

Happy Dueling!

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

couldyou make a "how to" video on how to make a video of W101

1Mudkip88 said...

What do we do if we're Balance? I:

Thanks, bud. :) ♥

~Blaze

Stanford3 said...

Interesting, it blades the opposite school? What happens when a Balance hits him?

Diary of a Necromancer said...

hey uh, where do you get the gear? And what level do you need for it? I am level 50

Stingite said...

@anon: I'll consider it! X-fire does a good job of capturing videos. I switched from fraps to x-fire.

@Blaze and Stanford3: two hits with balance in a row blades death and Selwyn casts a wraith.

@Richard: The staff is from the gamestop card. Everything else is just stitched GM clothes.

Thunderbird said...

He cheats like this, if you hit him he blades for the opposite school. If you hit him twice in a row with the same school he uses a high level attack from the opposite school.

Anonymous said...

has anyone won new celestian pets from bosses yet? does this guy drop one?

Diary of a Necromancer said...

Deathly Diviner, that is true. Say, if you were Ice, then he would use a helephant ( he used fire dragon on my Ice character ) or something 0_0

Sierra Starsong said...

He blades/attacks opposite the type of damage he takes (not the kind of spell you cast) so you could hit him with the same damage spell twice in a row IF one of the two gets converted by a prism and the other doesn't.

Found this out the hard way, he used Elemental Shields so I put up an Ice prism (convert to fire), used my Fire sword to take out his fire shield (he put up an ice blade then), then I cast my Colossus. My ice damage changed to fire before it hit him, he says "Fire again?" and boom! he throws a bladed Colossus back at me.

By the way, when I fought him he resisted fire damage and took boosted damage from ice.

Iris said...

hey can you do a post with all your battle tips in order? And i want to point out something from halloween (yes i am late), when you go to the boss in triton avenue, NO WARNING THAT HE HAS 10,000 HEALTH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! and i was only level 10. can you ask professer greyrose to add a warning?????????????????????