Wednesday, October 13, 2010

Wizard101's Nominations at the GDC Online Awards

I have some video to share with you of the GDC Online Awards. This segment will probably be included with the "Day 3 at Austin TX" video when I finally get that wrapped up, but I think it's timely that I show you this particular video clip to help bring you there. Because if you go to the patcher right now and scroll down a bit, you'll find a link that takes you to the Wizard101 website where our wonderful community leader, Kiersten Samwell (definitely a VIP around my blog), discusses her feelings about the nomination:
Let me start by thanking each and every one of you who voted for Wizard101 in the Game Developer's Conference Inaugural Awards. Your votes made a difference! Wizard101 was given special recognition by being announced "Close Runner Up" in the Community Choice Awards!!!

I have our amazing Dev Team, dedicated fansites and of course each and every player to thank for getting us where we are now. Having our Community and Customer Support team judged along side industry heavy hitters like Blizzard, Sony, CCP and ArenaNet is an honor in itself, and both humbling and awe-inspiring to us all.

And though we didn't win the award, I feel this nomination itself is a win for Wizard101. Thank you for loving the game that we love to make.

~Kiersten Samwell
Community Manager
KingsIsle Entertainment

I'm such a fan of Kiersten and of Wizard101 obviously. She does a great job for the community.

Here's the video I captured of Wizard101's nominations while I was there in Texas.



Hold those heads high! We have a great game!

Happy Dueling!

2 comments:

Kevin BattleBlood said...

I heavily sighed at the same time too...

Unknown said...

Wizard101 deserved to win, World of Warcraft doesn't have nearly as much fun sites as Wizard101. Also, I didn't see any peoples fansites. Wizard101 deserved to win!