Saturday, October 9, 2010

CELESTIIIIIAAAAAA, Yeah! WORD!

Haha, so as soon as I break through the door home, my son starts singing my song from when the pre-quest was released. That's right, folks. If you haven't been paying attention to all the fansites screaming, let me add my voice!

YEEEEEAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!

Celestia is on the test realm!!!

So all that footage you saw here yesterday. Yup, you can go play that yourself now if you're a subscriber or bought crowns in the last 30 days. :)

Ahhhh, it's good to see that Celestia door in the world list.


I only played for an hour last night after I got home from the airport, but one of the first things I did was go buy back all my talent points and buy Celestial magic to try it out. Check out the Gobbler Polymorph spell here:


The Stinky Salute! LOL! Yup, you get to squeak out a fart upon your hapless victim or even chuck a taco at them. The best part? You actually are taunting with these spells and have 5,000 health to back you up. Welcome to the most awesome tanking spell in the game. The mechanic behind it seems pretty straight forward: you just have to keep an eye on a little ticker by your character's name to see how many more rounds you have before your polymorph runs out.

I didn't have much time on it today, but what was immediately noticeable from my short time there was that monsters put out damage fast and fierce. You may not want to just casually throw out feint traps like you used to. In essence, the battlefield has been evened, and it's more like it was back in Wizard City. I mean, when a boss fight starts out with the bad guys dropping a hydra back to back with an Ice Kraken, and I haven't even had a turn to blade yet, well, things just got interesting . . . and messy.

It is entirely possible you will die and that first spot in the battle circle is just as dangerous as it was back on Unicorn Way . . . if not more so. You're going to probably have to rework your decks that worked fantastically for the past 2 worlds.

Surprise!

Why, I even had a boss fight start off with them holding three power pips against me from the get go. Sure they only had 900 something health, but Celestia is Grizzleheim difficulty AMPED! Those mobs don't hold back and wait to build pips. They hit hard and they hit fast.

I can't wait to get in and really digest a few things about surviving the new world. As one of my friends said last night, "it's tricky."

*head spins at zero health*

It'll just take some deck adjusting and good grouping skills. You'll figure it out. ;-) Until then, pack a heal in your deck and help the head spinners out, would ya?

GO FIND THOSE BUGS!

Happy Dueling!

11 comments:

Fist of Fire said...

*feints of overexcitement*

Anonymous said...

yaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay

Unknown said...

Could I say something? YYYYYYYYEEEEEEEEEEEEEAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
And anyone know when it comes to the live realm cause I waiting to subscribe with the card I won.

Unknown said...

YYYEEEAAAHHHH!!!!!!!
Anyone know when Celestia coming live?

Anonymous said...

So does this mean it will be on the open realm soon? I just started DS, and can't wait for this.

-Sean Spritestone

Anonymous said...

Friendly, i don't think you seen this, but the level 58 storm is reveald, your son better get it. It is awesome!

http://www.wizard101central.com/forums/showthread.php?p=1223812#post1223812

From,
Mythstone
level 51 (in test) conjurot


P.S. level 60's name is legendary
P.P.S. maybe you can work hard tonight to try and find your level 58 death spell?

Anonymous said...

hey friendly, i was just wondering if you could ask around where the grandmaster craft person is, because nobody on central knows and i would really like to progress my crafting studies.

matthew stormshade 50 myth
matthew titanshard 52 storm
matthew skullhead 49 death
matthew stormspear 50 life

Tara Darkgem said...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kv05ZuPM2Tc
this is where you can see the lvl 58 fire spell

David TitanRider said...

Hey Friendly, Me and Dusty were waiting to see you on the Test! We had to quit around 10-ish, :)

Celestia FTW!

Fin and Quinn said...

I took the same pictures.

Seth TitanWhsiper said...

IS anyone able to get past the moon portal because i cant enter that area