Tuesday, September 11, 2018

Boomsday Top Decking Lethal

I decided to log on to Hearthstone last night for kicks to see what's new. I've been completely out of the loop for forever. Upon my return I was greeted with a new card in my collection.

Whoa! Making a 3/4 copy of an existing card will definitely be dangerous!

It's also pretty mind-blowing how really deep the PvE content has become in this game.  There seems to be a ton of things to do now outside of PvP, including this newer set of challenges called the Boomsday Project.

Look at all that content I've never played through on the right hand side . . .  wow!

Basically the Boomsday Project is a gauntlet of "puzzles" where you are given a hand of cards and an objective. The ones I tried last night were labeled the lethal challenges . . . and they were at the top of the list.  I see what you did there, Blizzard!

Sounds pretty straight forward . . .

What I liked about this was how it tapped into that feeling in Hearthstone where you know you have a really good combo of cards in your hand, but you just can't see it.  These challenges are all about that -- in what order do I play these cards to finish the job in one round?

Things start out easy enough . . .

There was a moment when I was facing the 8/9 challenge for the Poisoner where I thought, pffft, I should just search this up on the Internet, but really, what fun is that?  That just ruins the purpose of the challenge, which I believe is to make noobs like me a better Hearthstone player.

Thanks for doing all the set up work for me. LOL.

. . . and then there's just silly things like puzzle 9/9 where you just play a card and watch the ultimate destruction happen on the board. After getting past 8/9, I kinda feel like this is your reward.

By the end of the night I was starting to get sleepy while playing through the challenges. That's one thing I'll say about these, they're not very "exciting" challenges. It's more strategic and accesses a part of my brain that, by the end of the night, just wants to shut down on me.

That said, I summoned the four horsemen of the Apocalypse, so there's that at least . . .

I look forward to playing through more of these Hearthstone challenges; I just need to do them at a different time of day so I'm not so sleepy. :)

Happy Dueling!

No comments: