Saturday, February 5, 2011

Psyched for the Game Today!

No no no . . . not this game where the Steelers destroy the Green Bay Packers.


(You might want to click that to enlarge it to truly witness the destruction there.)

But, YES! THIS GAME: Dungeons and Dragons Online! For us it's appropriately named, "The Sunday night game." Us? Yup, you may or may not have known this about me, but on and off for the past ten years or so, every Sunday night I play a game with some buddies of mine. Here's a quick summation of the past 10 years: Diablo, DiabloII, Dungeon Seige I and II, Guildwars and all its expansions, Neverwinter Nights 2, and now DDO, and check it out, we finished off a dungeon last week where we got to school a bunch of undead pirates and took out the necromancer's apprentice!


BOOM! He must be the Friendly Necromancer's apprentice since he uses ellipses . . . almost . . . as much as . . . I . . . do . . . .

After taking him down, we got to rush into a room full of gold where we could loot, loot, and loot some more!


It's like I'm Dirk the Daring in the final scene of Dragon's Lair.

Seriously, I love quests that have you ending up in a giant room full of gold. That's the best! I feel like Mr. Krabs in Atlantis Squarepantis where he sings about wishing he had sewed more pockets on to his pants when he woke up in the morning.

We're doing the Sentinels of Stormreach expansion over the next couple of weeks.


I mean, in a world where it's hard to choose between zombies and pirates, why not take the hybrid model? eh?

Speaking of hybrid models, take a look at this beauty I get to play alongside every Sunday night:



*whistles* Yeah, that's my friend Tony . . . .

If you're interested in reading more about our adventures, many of the recent ones are catalogued over on Tipa's blog under the DDO tag.

Happy Dueling!

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

I like the picture at the top, but it should say "Pittsburgh Steelers slain."

Unknown said...

GO PACKERS!

Xinaed said...

Lol, nice guild ;) *coughcoughxyzareinthatguildtoocough*

Anonymous said...

Tony is a girl?

Also, I only watch the Super Bowl for the commercials!

Anonymous said...

Hey Friendly, I need your help. I'm looking for another MMORPG (window or download) that I could pick up. Thanks

Benjamin nightfist said...

go packs

Duncan Daystone said...

i agree; the steelers are dead (i could have used some clever witticism instead of just the word "dead," except pittsburgh isn't worth the time)

Anonymous said...

Packers won WOOT WOOT!

Axel Oblivion said...

Yay! Packers won! I had no worry about the Steelers catching up, because GB is that good ;)

Sierra Starsong said...

Why does "Tony" remind me of Morganthe's idea of trying to blend in with the locals?