Monday, August 9, 2010

Report your friend for chain stunning?

I received a story from Gabe that he wanted me to share:
Hey, Friendly!

Ok, I went to my friends arena battle, he has his own group, he is a Storm, named Angel, his other friend is a Myth, ALSO named Angel, and his other friend is a Life, ALSO named Angel, and there is an Ice, named Michelle ShadowCrafter. So, a few days ago, I heard them tell me that they might get banned because they were chain stunning, I didn't beleive them, few days after, (today) I ported to their arena battle, I wanted to check and see with my own eyes how they were chain stunning.

It's like they always come in a special order, for example: The Life would go first, then would come the Storm, then would come the Myth, then would come the Ice. This is how they would chain stun: They first would shield themselves, then the Life would cast Rebirth (guess for the absorbs), then the Storm would use Stormlord, then the Myth would use Earthquake, to take the stuns off, then the ice would randomly use colosus. The oposite side would just pass because they were chain stunned, then I saw that, the Storm would boost up for stormlord, the Myth would cast a stunning spell to all on the other side, then the Ice would use Blizzard, thats when I thought to my self " These guys are actually chain stunning. "

I then felt sorry about what I was going to do, but I had to report my friend. Then I noticed, they all went gone, looks like they knew what they did wrong once I reported. Then my friend Angel told me "Why dude" I told him " You chain stunned. " Then we got into a short argument, then he deleted me, and logged off. Hope I hear from him again, but I did what I had to do.

Please reply!
OK, first, you all should know that I'm not a big PVP player by now. I'll pet derby with the best of 'em, but PvP . . . meh, not so much. Plus, everybody wants a piece of Friendly out on the duel circle, and I'm just not that into it.

Second, chain stunning is not considered a reportable offense. I'm not lying. Go look at the FAQ on Wizard101.com, Item 12 paragraph 5. Here, I'll quote it for you:
“Chain Stunning” (admittedly, it’s not much fun for the receiving team, but it’s not a violation of the game rules).

I realize that it's a big problem. I do. PvP regulars realize it's a big problem. (think I've even seen a group somewhere to report names of known pvp stunners). Kingsisle realizes it's a big problem (as evidenced by the four stun shield per stun we're now receiving). Even the people doing it seem to realize it's a big problem (as evidenced by your friend's comments). But, also you have to realize that the report button is for reporting (again, I quote from the Wizard101 website): creative profanity (swearing around the filters), solicitation of usernames/passwords, predatory threats, racist comments and other such actions as outlined in the Terms of Use.

Now, that said, it's kind of cool that you "tattled" on your friend because you felt like it was the right thing to do. Hopefully it won't get you in trouble for false reporting, and it's unfortunate that you're not friends anymore, but you stood by your guns! Kudos to you for trying to do the right thing . . . even if it was like calling the police because your neighbor was wearing a thong while mowing the lawn. Everybody knows it's SO WRONG, but it's not necessarily against the law.

What do you think, readers?

*flings a thong at the readers*

Happy Dueling!

6 comments:

Kevin BattleBlood said...

Your conclusion totally threw off any intelligent thought going on LOL; thanks for the laughs

M.W.S said...

I think it's pretty funny. People do it most of the time: Earthquakes, Storm Lords your dead.

It's nothing to report about really...

buy wow gold said...

Experience it too, I thought that has just a cheat or what so ever but until it was explain to me I just laugh. LOL

Weltschmerz said...

Lol, thanks for the Thong friendly. ><

thomas deathgem said...

you are gonna pay for me having surgery of getting that thong out of my body... throws thong at friendly but misses :)

Blake EmeraldSword said...

I sent Kingsisle an E-mail saying to have Earthquake NOT remove stun shields.
Then they go like this, "Chain stunning isn't a reportable offense" and that's it.
I wish that chain stunning wasn't even created that's how I lost my rating!!!
You did the sort of right thing reporting your friend
but chain stunning ISN'T
a reportable offense.