Tuesday, August 3, 2010

August Newsletter from KI

Heya!

A few other bloggers have posted on this already, but I might as well through my 2 cents into the magical blogging well.

KI has released their August newsletter, and there's a scoop in there for all of us! Behold the shark mount/pet/bad guy. This looks to be a three in one picture:


If I'm looking at this correctly, the top model is a scary awesome shark mount, complete with jagged plate mail armor and a cushy red seat. vrroomm!

The bottom left version looks to be a "spike" version that we can have as a pet (love the spiked collar look).

The bottom right looks to be like a generic shark model that we might fight in the upcoming Celestia expansion.

This sneak peak comes along with a brand new producer's letter from the most recent producer at Kingsisle, Leah Ruben, aka Professor Falmea. She's awesome. Leah gives some really cool insight to what the job of a video game producer is like and explains a bit about the sheer amount of time it takes to produce a zone in the Wizard101 universe. It's a lot of work to lay down this much playable art, right? right!

Here's my favorite paragraph from the article however, since it talks about what we all are interested in lately, Celestia:
What *I* can tell you as an insider is that I am SO SO SO incredibly excited for this world. Unlike Falmea, real life me LOVES the water. There are some really cool surprises that go with Celestia. Ever wondered what it would be like to take a dip in the pool in the Commons if it were *just* a little deeper? Well, you will once you take the plunge in Celestia. Sick of your level 48 spells? Well, you won't be for long, as you'll have lots of new cool toys to add to your arsenal. That's not to mention the seriously awe-inspiring new areas to adventure in and lots of goodies I haven't even mentioned. Everyone here is so excited to show you what is definitely our most ambitious world and game update yet!

I WANT TO PLUNGE! I AM SICK OF MY LEVEL 48 SPELLS! I CAN'T WAIT FOR NEW TOYS! DID SOMEONE SAY GOODIES?!

Yeah, you should definitely go read that article if you haven't already.

The rest of the newsletter ain't half bad either. It tells all about what's on KI's mind these days: Gencon (wish I was going to gencon), Wizard101 Central's B-day (yay!), Training Points (must . . . have . . . more . . . training . . . points), Online Safety (be safe kids), and Dog books (Dog books ftw).

Thanks for the great newsletter, KI!

Happy Dueling!

13 comments:

Anonymous said...

so, cool! wish i waz done DS! but im in MS!
hoping 2 teleiport with friends!

(1st post, so proud!)

...............LIIIIIIII..........................
..............C.LI1stIII.D................................
...................LIIIII..............................
.......................[I]............................
.......................{I}...........................
..................MMMM................................

Michael Thunderspear said...

The pet version IS a pet, because it says "PET VERSION" near it. It looks beast. SHARK PET FTW!

the Fearless Fire Wizard said...

Oh wow i cant wait!!! ^-^

Alyssa Giffinrider said...

Hi! wow i cant believe they're making shark mounts.... O: thats awesome. And did anyone notice the shark looks like bruce from Finding Nemo? I'm like the BIGGEST finding nemo fan ever so i relized it xD

Anonymous said...

Personally, the sharks remind me of Bruce from Finding Nemo

Alex Deathshade said...

NNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!
okay, STOP PAUSE TIME OUT! WWWWWWWWWAAAAAAAAAIITTTTTT!
I HAVENT DEFEATED MALISTARE YET! I NEED TO BEAT HIM BEFORE CELESTIA COMES OUT! THIS IS THE END!!! NNNNNNNNOOOOOOOO!

Emma Dawnrider said...

That sounds awesome. An underwater world? Who would have thought!
~Emma

Lenora NightWraith said...

With every little bit of info we're given about Celestia, I can't wait even more!

Anonymous said...

(Insert title here)
Not really sure how to get a title.

Friendly those figs. look A-w-e-s-o-m-e!!! Especially the Mount. But how will we ride it if its not in the water???

- Wolf Battleshield

Mike said...

Awesome, but it looks like he floats, so i wonder if it will work on land, or just underwater in celecia. It might hover with like wizard magic out of water. ??

Heather Emeraldflame said...

I LOVE the shark mount! John Lifeglen and I were looking at it early yesterday after the newsletter release...and yeah I see the pet there too with it saying "Pet Version." I have a couple worries/thoughts on them, though I am still psyched about the sharks...as I really do LOVE sharks IRL:

1. The pet: I really HOPE this pet IS a Storm Pet and might actually give a card with a blade that you get after using the attack, instead of a trap. Storm has enough pets that give traps and I really don't care for any of them because it's a trap and not a blade. I hope this is not going to be another Ice pet...especially if it does give a blade. Sorry Ice wizards, but you already have a cool pet that does that. Besides Sharks should DEFINITELY be Storm; I mean it was our spell originally!

2. I hope for the sake of people who can't afford too much/don't have many crowns that people will still be able to use their land mounts in CL. It would kinda seem messed up to make people have to switch mounts when they hit water. Same really goes for if you buy a water mount and it can't go on land. This also makes me wonder how that will work...at least if they want to keep this *somewhat* realistic. Like if you are riding along on your lion and hit water; will it suddenly be able to swim?...and if it can how in the world is it breathing?...not to mention how are we? And if it can't breath there does that mean you either lose your mount until you hit land again, or does that mean you must switch to a mount that swims(assuming you can afford one)?

I am not actually asking you these questions, Friendly...they were just thoughts. Anyway, it will be interesting to see it all. And I know CL is going to be an awesome and beautiful world that I will really enjoy exploring!

Anonymous said...

Remember:
Wiazards are friends, NOT FOOD!

Rogan Firehammer

Sierra WillowSong said...

actually, isn't the shark part of the carousel / merry-go-round?

oh man, now I REALLY look forward to them