Friday, August 16, 2019

#Blaugust2019 Day 16 -- When Last We Left our Wizards . . .

I've been neglecting Wizard101 lately, and it was time to head back into the game to see where it was that I left off.

The first thing I saw when I logged back in last night was our friend Harold Argleston staring at me with his tired dog eyes with a look on his face that almost said . . . y'all had to put the entrance to the new event behind me, didn't you?


Yup. Oh that's right! Last time I logged in to Wizard101 I was doing the Fire Decathalon event where you run through three floors of monsters using only treasure cards to fight and your health and mana have been reduced to almost nothing as you try to earn your epic gauntlets of power.  It's a great event. The Myth Decathalon was going on last night, so I ran through stage one for kicks before saying goodbye to Harold Argleston.


I still had ice treasure cards in my deck, so what the heck . . .

Following my quest arrow brought me all the way back to the distant lands of the Aero Plains where I like pleasure and I like pain . . . but mostly the Stephen Tyler jokes are on point. I ended up handing in a quest to Helena, who wanted me to revive some Justicar with Stormade, which is full of electrolytes. That totally sounds like the favorite drink of the Nimbari.


She also had me catch some snipes. Yup, I went snipe hunting. Y'all know what "snipe hunting" is, right? That's when you go camping and your friends tell you that you're going to catch a snipe in your pillowcase and then they ditch you in the forest . . . if you ever wondered what a snipe looks like, I guess we got you covered.


Can't tell much from that picture, but I'm sure it tastes like wild goose.

So Velo city appears to be the place in the story where you finally get to participate in Whirly Burly. At work I got to try out the mini-game, and lost horribly to the seasoned Wizard101 Designers. As for what I did last night, all I did was beat up a couple of rowdy Whirly Burly fans and put 'em in their place. But it didn't stop 'em from being salty to each other.


By that time I had dinged level 128, it was time to head to bed. In fact, I was so tired I started drifting off with my finger on the "W" key.  That never ends well.

Good times in Wizard101 last night! I'm excited to finally try Whirly Burly inside the game instead of on paper. Can't believe I was this close that whole time.

Happy Dueling!

No comments: