Tuesday, June 30, 2009

How do you record a video?

Hello readers, a question here from Ms. Silverheart:

Question=How do you record
Videos on wizard101?
Well there are a couple ways to do this, but here's what I do: I record my videos with a little program called fraps. This is a pretty easy to use, free program that will allow you to take little 30-second video clips of whatever computer video game you're playing. You can pay a small fee and unlock unlimited recording as well. A word to the wise though, these little video files can eat up a TON of disk storage space if you're not careful.

The other method I use is recording from X-fire. X-fire is a great program that does a lot more than just record videos. It's basically like a social networking program for gamers. While you have X-fire running on your machine it will track which games you play and allow you to record video while playing!

After I have the raw footage from fraps or X-fire, I usually just dump the files into the free Window's Movie Maker program (which has come free with Windows for many many years btw, most people don't even know they have it on their computer) and stitch them together into something cool.

If you get really creative with fraps or x-fire you may even be interested in checking out the hobby of Machinima. Machinima is when you combine video game footage with your own scripted cinema. There's a lot of really creative stuff out there.

And, last but not least, youtube it.

Best of luck making those videos!

Happy Dueling!

11 comments:

Amber Stargem said...

Dear Friendly Necromancer,
I am a HUGE fan of your website and check it daily. (most of the time even more) When my friend ask for help i tell then to check your website. So i was wondering if we can become friends if your buddy list isnt full yet. I am on level 49 and i rarely ask for help. I have many cool housing items if you want to show them on housing item of the day. So please awnser back and we can find a time/ realm/place to meet if you say yes.

Thanks,
Amber StarGem

Stingite said...

Sure, Amber! Let's figure some time out. I'll have to find someone on my friends list that doesn't play much any more and remove them. :-)

Lyssie Silverheart said...

Thanks I'll see if I can find it i'm geting bord of my blog not moveing.

Amber Stargem said...

Awww Thank you thank you thank you!
How about Wendesday July 1st at 8:00 eastern time old towm by the old OLD lady by the bazarr on Wu?

- Amber StarGem

p.s. i'm a grandmaster now

Amber StarGem said...

8:00 p.m. i mean

Stingite said...

Oo! I don't think I can make that time. I'm headed out the door to a friend's house. Maybe a couple hours later than that?

Amber StarGem said...

11:00 Sure! I can definitly work with that!

Stingite said...

logging in now!

Stingite said...

well . . . loading now . . .

Stingite said...

man, that's a big patch . . .

Amber StarGem said...

lol i am now cursing at my brother for kicking me off. So i am on my mom's laptop and logging on and on and on till i'm dead lol