Wednesday, December 18, 2013

Awesome Thing #5 -- A Pet with Spritely

You know, I remember (and I'm sure many of you remember) when pets in Wizard101 were nothing more than cute adornment (NOTE: well, except for those pets that came with a card *thanks anon*!). Eventually those pets became much much more. And these days, what pet is complete without the awesome pet power Spritely!?


Yup! You start to see your pet break out into a dance and the next thing you know, you're getting surrounded by healing goodness and a cute little "HAI!" and you're filled with so much win!

I don't think I could even begin to count the number of times Spritely (or Unicorn or Fairy for that matter) has saved me OR how many times I've heard the expression "Good Boy" or "Good Girl" come from a wizard whose pet when nuts and cast a Spritely spell on them. In fact, it used to happen so much that we'd complain that we needed to shorten the animation casting time of the spell.

It's a wizard's best friend's best friend -- Spritely -- a truly awesome pet power.

Happy Dueling!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

A cute adornment? To me, that was back in beta. When the game went live, we got our dragon pet (For those who weren't around: actually we received crowns so we could buy it from Zeke).
I couldn't care less about the pet or the looks, but it did come with the dragon blade and that blade is the reason why i'm keeping my pet.
So yeah pets were pretty awesome back then, but these new ones look great too.

Stingite said...

@anon: great point!