Last night I spent more time in Najena in Everquest Legends instead of doing my usual Wednesday game of Dungeons and Dragons. It's too bad, but the DM had surgery last week and was struggling to sit and play our silly little games. On the upside he declared we can all advance to level seven for next week! MMmmmmm (Homer Simpson voice) Level seven rogue features -- extra d6 sneak attack and evasion.
Anyway, grinding Najena has been kind of brainless fun. I was able to develop a pretty nice pattern with constant killing running between three bosses and building up their magic items by merging them together. This run involves the Unbound Flame, the Tenderizer, and the Lost Crusader.
Honestly, this merging feature is pretty cool. I love the concept that if I get two of the same items, I can just squish them magically together on the fly and make one of them more powerful. It gets a little one sided with drop rates favoring a common drop vs. a rare drop, but still pretty great to start with a regular Tenderizer hammer and end up with a +5 Tenderizer hammer while leveling up 10 levels or so.
For a soloer, it's a bit of a bummer that increasing the difficulty of an instance doesn't also increase the level of the enemies (at level 24, those entrance skellies still con green. Man, it'd be cool if I bumped it up to Difficulty 4 and they now conned yellow like they did when I first stepped foot in there. I know! I know! That isn't the purpose of increasing the difficulty. I super digressed. Now returning you to the original train of thought), but on the plus side, the enemies on the second and third floors of Najena are still nice and juicy exp-wise.
I started working up a second group of four (sometimes five) bosses last night that seems pretty fun and frantic, which unfortunately are also starting to degrade as the exp keeps flowing. This run involves BoneCracker, Officer Grush, Guard Captain, Visiting Priestess, and Trazdon.
I fell down a pit trap at one point last night into a jail cell and started fighting tentacle terrors and a few named prisoners . . . then I opened a door full of enemies and discovered the true meaning of pain as they unleashed several nukes on me. At least there aren't corpse runs and corpse summoning in this game! Again, as I mentioned before, EverQuest Legends is all about the fun of speed running EverQuest without all those painful group-play dynamics. Now that I've hit level 24 and have Feign Death available to me because of my Shadow Knight tertiary class, I could probably survive that room I died in last night and pull it apart with Feign Death. I CAN FEIGN DEATH NOW!
Happy Dueling!
No comments:
Post a Comment