Saturday, August 15, 2026

Don't be Hatin' -- I'm Max Level in Everquest Legends!

It was a fun day of EverQuest Legends!  About 30 minutes ago, I dinged 50, the current max level! 

WOOT!

Basically, I spent the whole day in The Plane of Hate. Unfortunately, I'm not strong enough to take down the raid bosses (um, I haven't tried again since hitting 50th level, but at level 47 and 48, it was not happening for me).

Who's the Champion now?

Instead, I started a solo instance of Hate with non-respawning enemies and just cleared out the whole gosh darn place, minus the bosses, about 3 times. It was all high level enemies that awarded great experience and once I figured out that you just don't fight in the hallways and instead pull into the rooms, everything went pretty smoothly.

Time for a little chopsticks!

What I remember of the Plane of Hate from back in the day was that I had a guildmate that took myself and two others there and it didn't end well. I never really went back. I love that they've made this version of the game where you're basically a super version of your old self. This is really a great re-done experience, and if you're an old EverQuest player that stopped playing EverQuest, but still have the great memories . . . yeah, this is the game for you.

They really loved the short bangs look when they were making these models back in 1999.

Once you hit 50th level, you are given a free class unlock token. I wasn't sure what to do with it at first, but I decided to unlock the mage class. It's one I never really played but seems very similar to Beastlord, just a magical elemental pet and instead of getting in the mob's face, you sit back and nuke from a distance. I don't know if I'll try playing up a mage, but it's the one I unlocked. /shrug.

I guess this unlock is free -- the rest require a quest in the Plane of Sky.

One thing is for sure, I'm overflowing with loot! Plane of Hate was very generous . . . the only bad thing here is that it was generous with loot that I can't really equip. Anyway, now that I've finished my goal, I suppose hitting ALL the planes (fear / sky) is the next objective! 

Happy Dueling!

No comments: