Well, I stayed home from work today because I felt pretty sick. I wasn't sure what I had, but I was pretty sure I picked up whatever-it-was from my boss last Thursday. He was hacking and sniffling, and my desk is pretty near his. Friday I went and had a COVID shot, not because I was afraid of getting COVID, but because my oncologist suggested that I do so because there was a study saying cancer patients going through immunotherapy increased the effectiveness of the immunotherapy by getting one. Long story short, the doctor today took a quick test and, sure enough, I have COVID. Gosh dang, me and my bad luck!
Fine, I took the opportunity of being home sick to go kill dragons in EverQuest Legends. First up was Nagafen. Naggy was always one of those dragons that I had always heard about, but never fought. Well, that all changed today.
The great thing about EverQuest Legends is you talk to a "voidling," in an instance that would typically feature a raid and spawn a solo version (or group version) for you to take on. Once you defeat the end boss and exit your raid instance, that raid (on that difficulty setting) is on a cool down for 20 hours. You can then select the next higher difficulty and give it another go, which I did and won again. I even tried the next difficulty above THAT and won again . . . but it was close. Close enough that I decided not to push my luck and try it one more time.
Instead, I decided to travel all the way across the whole gosh dark continent up to Permafrost and take on the second dragon I've been itching to fight. Lady Vox. Again, I don't think I ever fought Lady Vox when I was in EQ. No one was really interested in running those raids anymore by the time I hit raid levels, so . . . that was that.
Vox comes with a cleric add that you really need to take down first. Because of that, Lady Vox and her cleric friend just nuked the heck out of me and my warder, causing the fight to be a battle of attrition. I downed her once. I downed her on the next difficulty. On the third difficulty, she got me when she was a 6 percent life. She had won the battle of attrition, BUT . . . her cleric was dead. I buffed up and finished the job without her pesky cleric friend, and won by a mile . . . it just took a LONG time. (Thus are the natures of these battles of attrition. OUTLAST is the name of the game.)
The loot from today was pretty interesting. On top of the four 100% 8-slot weight reduction bags, I got a Bladestopper shield, a Cloak of Flames, and a bunch of other random loot that didn't really apply to me. Pretty good upgrades, and it doesn't matter that I'm not using a shield in my kit because EverQuest Legends gives you two additional slots for "any" item. I threw that bad boy in there and didn't think twice.
The clicky effect doesn't require a peridot to cast and has a 10-minute cool down. I'll take a free 700 hit points every 10 minutes!
Happy Dueling
1 comment:
I checked, but I haven't saved any screenshots from when my guild did Naggy and Vox back in 2000. Which is too bad.
Grats on the dragon kills!
Post a Comment