Tipa mentioned in her last blog post that I had turned my Beastlord warder into a Dark Elf through the magic of a Mask of the Deceiver, and so I thought I'd take a second to break down how you actually do that since it's not intuitive.
Get ready, this is crazy.
Step 1: Farm up a mask of the deceiver (or really, any clicky illusion item). It's not a hard farm and it drops pretty easily from the Ghoul Assassin in Lower Guk.
Step 2: Open up your inventory and click on the Storage tab.
Step 3: Click on the Activated Items subtab in your Storage tab.
Step 4: Drop your Mask of the Deceiver into the open area.
Step 5: Go back to your inventory tab and click on your Pet Inventory Tab.
Step 6: Use the drop-down menu there to select the "Guise of the Deceiver" illusion.
Step 7: Resummon your warder/pet. I tried zoning and it didn't work. You have to resummon that dude.
Step 8: Hand your warder/pet a really cool looking weapon because AWESOMENESS!
Honestly, I'm kind of disappointed my warder is a dude. Why can't my warder be female? I call shenanigans!
Anyway, I haven't had a ton of time to play EverQuest Legends lately, but I did farm a bit in Guk. I've bound myself to the spot right outside the Frenzied Ghoul so I can kill him once in easy difficulty, change to a medium difficulty, port to that spot again and kill the (slightly more difficult) Frenzied Ghoul another time. Create my own private instance, park my pet, cast the Invisible to Undead spell and run back to him a THIRD time. That usually gives me three moonstone rings, but gosh dang it's nice to have three shots at the Flowing Black Silk Sash haste belt item in the span of 5 to 10 minutes.
I'm starting to wear out my welcome in Guk I think. I've killed their King several times and even secured his scalp. Side note, it's kind of hilarious you can wear his scalp and improve your faction with the living Guk people, but totally unnecessary since my reputation with the living Gukkians (as the chat window says) couldn't possibly get any better.
As I run into the instance, it's pretty easy to down the ritualist, the assassin, the shopkeeper, then drop down and kill the Frenzied Ghoul, the Sentinel Ghoul, the Cavelier Ghoul, the King Ghoul, the animated hand, the Executioner, the Sage, and then just call it a successful run. I should try to incorporate a couple of the minotaur bosses into that, but . . . like I said . . . I think I've worn out my welcome and it might be time to try something a little more difficult and rewarding.
You know, I'm actually thinking I may go hang out in Kedge Keep for a while! I love a good underwater maze. I've got a stack of fish scales and some enduring breath, let's do this!
Happy Dueling!
No comments:
Post a Comment