Sneaking in a post here at the 11th hour to say that . . . I MADE IT TO THE PLANES! Ding 46!
I spent a large part of yesterday and today fighting around in Kedge Keep (as foretold). Honestly, I really liked my time I spent there. It can be very dangerous in spots for me when I accidentally pulled 5 or more enemies at once. That didn't happen often though.
After a couple levels in Kedge, the entrance enemies started to con light blue or green, so they were easy to chew through, but didn't give a lot of experience. it took delving deeper into mermaid territory to really get the exp flowing again.
I made enemies with Estrella of Gloomwater herself while in Kedge Keep. Her lore entry in the Library of Erudin says she's, "the leader of those mermaids that went to serve the last kedge and watch over and guard him. An especially beautiful mermaid, her magic is just as strong. Her morose demeanor is punctuated with volatile anger at all land dwellers. It is said she took her title of Gloomwater to remember that she is a sole survivor of a magic plague that surface dwellers wrought, a plague of Bertoxxulous that ages ago spread like black ink through the pristine waters of her ancestral home, killing her people wherever the gloomy water reached. She bears little love for surface dwellers and harbors a special hatred of necromancers." BUT WHAT ABOUT FRIENDLY NECROMANCERS?!
Loot in Kedge Keep was interesting. There's a lot of weapons that seemed suitable for lower levels. If I had "alts," I'd pass down a dozen or so random weapons that weren't really an upgrade for me. I did manage to score a Lamentation Blade, from Estrella, but I feel at my best when I'm slugging things with two hands like a proper Beastlord.
After hitting the magical level of 46 here in Kedge Keep, I decided it was time to take my first steps into the Plane of Hate, along with like 20 other people standing at the zone in. No worries! It's super easy to make your own private instance. DONE!
I love the enemies here. It just feels like classic D&D with Rats, Ghouls, Specters, Zombies, and Mimics. Just your classic dungeon crawl fare. I was pretty happy with the random loot that seemed to be dropping like candy here as well. Trash mobs dropping good loot!? Who would have thunk it!? What is this, Diablo?
I'll be spending a couple levels here for sure. Hopefully this weekend might be the first time I can actually group up with a few folks from the guild. I'd love to see what that's like now that I'm close to max level.
Happy Dueling!
No comments:
Post a Comment