Saturday, August 22, 2026

Beastlord / Bard / Necromancer / Befallen?

So, today in EverQuest Legends I did my standard raid rotation. I hit Cazic Thule, Nagafen, Innoruuk, and Lady Vox . . . powered up a few gear items . . . got a new 10 slot bag to put into my bank inventory and earned a bunch of new AA points.

I am perfectly happy with my Beastlord / Shadow Knight / Cleric build.  I like the Shadow Knight weapons and gear, I love the cleric heals, and Beastlord is just all around great. 

A couple hours ago, I decided, hmmm, what if I just did something really weird but kept my Beastlord base, what would that even be like . . . and so I changed my loadout to Beastlord / Bard / Necromancer and hit the change loadout button.

I honestly didn't know what to expect, but the game threw all my equipped gear into a special inventory in game, killed off my warder, de-leveled me to 10, and stripped me down to my iksar skivvies. So the next thing was to go into the special inventory and start pulling gear back into my bags and equipping it if it could still be equipped. Most of it could, some of it couldn't. All the Shadow Knight weapons and gear I mentioned liking went back into storage. All the fun AA's I purchased that weren't standard AAs became useless (no more unholy steed, no more pet hobble, no more turn undead, etc.)

Then I took a look at all my available spells and started a couple new spell sets: one for buffing and one for attacking. AND THEN, I ran to Befallen and zoned in. AND THEN, Tipa told her hubby to make fun of me being level 50 and just going to Befallen (because when you enter a new zone you've never been in before, it announces it in Guild chat.) AND THEN, I said, "nuh uh! I'm level 10!"

Tipa loves this little hole in the wall.

So, it took me a while to even figure out how to play this new combination. I never played a bard in EverQuest before, but I remember "twisting" was always a thing my bard buddies told me about. That was when you start a song, end the song, start a new song, end that song, start another song, end that song, etc. etc. Basically, once you start a song, it's turned on unless you turn it off, and you can't really do anything else. Your spell bar blanks out, but when you turn off a song, it sticks around for about 20 seconds. So you can play a number of songs over and over to keep buffs going. In addition, you can play those songs while moving unlike other spell casters where you have to be stationary. 

As for the Necromancer part of me, well, you get access to a lot of Damage over time spells and some life leech. At least that's what I could gather in the past hour or so. I'm not going to drop my beastlord pet for the necromancer pet, so that doesn't matter to me.

Anyway, I earned a couple levels and called it a night so I could get this blog post out and posted. Seems like this build would be all about the Damage over Time spells to be honest. It might be kind of fun to just load up as many dots as I can and see how it fares.

Six DoTs! I CAN DO BETTER!

Happy Dueling!   

No comments: