Wednesday, March 28, 2012

Spell of the Week -- Fire Wyvern

There! Over the warping skin of obsidian and lava breaks forth the mighty Fire Wyvern! He rumbles, "I'm the most awesome spell of the week ever! Rawr!"

Fire Wyvern


Well, it may not be the coolest spell ever, but I have to note that it is an interesting one because, look at that, it comes in two different flavors (one of which happens to be a hoard pack version). Also of note is that you can create this spell from either the Mutate Wyvern card (available from The Archivist) or you can purchase the Mutate Wyvern card with a training point from the Sun School.


Given all that awesomeness, I think it's pretty safe to say that KI likes the look of this spell. It is pretty epic. Either as a powerful DoT spell or as a cheap but effective Direct Damage spell, Fire Wyvern is a fun and surprising trick to keep in your deck.

And because this spell is so awesome, the readers of the Friendly Necromancer did not disappoint! They came through with a lot of great pictures! Check 'em out:

~~~~~~~~~~~
Seth Spriteshade:


~~~~~~~~~~~
Alexander Dragontamer:


~~~~~~~~~~~
Seth Dragonhunter:


~~~~~~~~~~~
Rachel Windtalon:


Rachel adds: By the way, I always wondered how the heckhound you got a doodle version of your character. I always thought that was cool
Just wondering!


Well, when I visited KI's offices I was able to meet with Jeff Tooney who is the artist for Abracadoodle. Although he was very busy, Jeff was kind enough to sketch out my character for me. I later added some color over the top of it. :) I do feel very lucky to have that.

~~~~~~~~~~~
Wizard101 Life:


~~~~~~~~~~~
Mark Fireheart:


~~~~~~~~~~~
Courtney Silverflame:


~~~~~~~~~~~
Sophia EmeraldBlossom:


~~~~~~~~~~~
Elizabeth Goldenthistle:


Elizabeth adds: Here's my picture. I don't know why, but the wood goblins keep wanting to be in the pictures. Have you noticed that the fire wyvern looks kind of like a wood goblin?

OH MY! Are you starting a conspiracy theory that Fire Wyverns are the evil creations of Wood Goblins?!?!? I love conspiracy theories like that. ;)

~~~~~~~~~~~
Courtney Moonpetal:


~~~~~~~~~~~
Isabella Starsong:


~~~~~~~~~~~
Seth Hunter:


~~~~~~~~~~~
Terri Nightshield:


~~~~~~~~~~~
Lail Shadowtail:


~~~~~~~~~~~
Flash333:


~~~~~~~~~~~
Kyle Firesword:


~~~~~~~~~~~
Kaitlyn Dragonsword:



Kaitlyn adds: Hey Friendly!! I love this song, especially in the Disney Sing Alongs! :P http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4cwjgmSiENM

OH! That's the best! I want to go play at Blizzard Beach! (p.s. Kid at :10 makes me laugh)
~~~~~~~~~~~

Thanks everyone for those screenshots! I really appreciate them, your insights, and how much fun you had casting the Fire Wyvern. :)

Happy Dueling!

No comments: