Friday, March 27, 2009

Of Shared Banks and No Trades

So, as promised, I ran into my dorm room and stripped the level 2 life mage of his christmas clothes and toys and put them into the shared bank.



and then . . . whoops. No trade. huh?



It appears that you can't trade the crown pets, but you can the crown clothes. Well that's interesting. I wonder why that decision was made? Maybe they were trying to avoid overpowering players with higher level cards than they should have . . . then again, I could trade Mister Amber the orthrus pet just fine. hmmm.



Then again, there are only a handful of these in game.

I don't know.

Let me ask Professor Greyrose if they have an official statement as to why certain items are no trade and others are not.

*sends e-mail*

(time passes)

*starts the scavenger hunt*

*gets 4 of the 20 screenshots and crashes out*

(time passes)

*hair dries monitor*

*checks e-mail*

Ok, here's what I got from Professor Greyrose:

"Making certain items restricted to one character makes them more rare and valuable. The number of items in the game that are restricted is a tiny percentage of items. We are constantly assessing which items to mark as No Trade and are listening to the community feedback on this and other matters."

Interesting, see I was thinking it was about pvp . . . like it had something to do with "balance." nope.

Oh well, it was good to get those Santa clothes off of the level 2 life wizard and put them into the shared bank. Now I just have to wait to see if the pets are reconsidered . . . or I may just call it a wash and delete that life wizard and make the fire wizard I want to make. ;-)

Happy Dueling!

4 comments:

Cheats and Crackers said...

The reason they don't let you trade crown items is because they want you to spend more money. Although kingsile has made a great game, they are HUNGRY for money. It's true. I'd bet my life on it.

Tesh said...

Hmm... in my experience, no trade items aren't more valuable, they are worthless. A school-limited no trade item that doesn't match my school is just vendor trash to me.

Anonymous said...

Your theory isnt true with all crowns pets. And I find it odd that you cant put a Christmas pet in the shared bank, but my Halloween pet has been bouncing around from character to character for months now

Stingite said...

yeah, this post is old, anon. They've changed a lot of the rules since when this was first written.