Monday, August 27, 2018

The new beetle = Monstrology

Yesterday The Art of Warlord streamed an hour of Wizard101 with me in our continuing quest to make our way from Wizard City to Polaris--one hour at a time. It all started back in 2015. At first we were on a great schedule, and then I got busy, and then Morgrim got busy . . . but the "WC2P" project has always been in the back of our minds.

On our very first episode we made a rule that, no matter what, if I drew a beetle card, I had to play that card. Now I have a new rule . . . if I draw a beetle card, I must immediately discard it and play instead a Monstrology summon card. Why? Beecause Tarlac is now professionally dabbling, professionally, in Professional Monstrology.

BOOM! 48 Monstrology xp! 

We had originally planned on playing Wizard City through Polaris on Saturday, but I made a dumb joke, and Morgrim took that as a cancellation. Whoops. Anyway, not knowing our wires were crossed, I logged in to wiz and noticed I hadn't done my Monstrology quests yet on Tarlac, so I thought I'd see what it was like to pick up Monstrology after Arc 1 and then try to keep it up while doing our Wizard City through Polaris episodes.

Here's the basic gist of what I did: After completing the introductory quest, I bought the triple animus elixir for 150 Crowns . . . I mean, if you're going to be grinding out Monstrology, there really is no other way to fly. Lost souls got me to level 2. Lady Blackhope got me to level 3. From here I switched over to Krokotopia and earned levels 4-6 from running through the Karanahn Palace and killing (er, extracting the animus from) all the Karanahn Deathfeeders and Karanahn Mortifers there. From here I switched to Dragonspyre and at first dipped my toes into the Pyromancer's Tomb for the Fleshless Sentry animus and then switched over to Sylvia Drake's Tomb for the Necrotic Haunter and Bone Warrior Animus.  Finally I dropped in to The Great Spyre to hit up the Soul Searchers there. 

It really only took maybe an hour to an hour and a half to raise my Monstrology to level 9 and fill my sideboard with undead summons. It made me wonder though, has anybody written up a really great guide for quickly leveling Monstrology? Let me know in the comments if you know of a good guide.

Yesterday was pretty fun playing with The Art of Warlord. We had a few people drop by the stream to say hello. It was great seeing everyone and even better playing on Tarlac again. I'm sure Morgrim will upload a condensed version to YouTube soon.  Make sure you follow The Art of Warlord on YouTube!

Happy Dueling

1 comment:

Jetsers said...

I have seen a few good articles about how to get your monstrology up. Not a bunch but a few. I know central had a nice page, but it drops off about mid way through.