Saturday, June 29, 2024

June 2024 Gaming Roundup -- Diablo 4, Max Mustard, and Brawl Stars

Man, June was a crazy month for me in real life. I packed up my family and moved them from Texas to Utah. I also was working full time and just trying to survive. To say it's been busy would be an understatement.  

The 26-foot Uhaul helped me feel like I was fulfilling my trucker dreams

But just because a month is busy with real life, that doesn't mean I can't play some games as a pastime -- and especially now that things are starting to get settled a bit. So let me break down my, I guess you would call them, top three games of June.


1- Diablo IV

So I did something amazing with the help of my friend, Dylan.  You may remember my post about our Southern Gentlemen, Montgomery and Leufroy.  Last you heard, they were in their 30's or so, but not anymore. Leufroy is officially my first character in Diablo 4 to have reached max level. 

Yes! Captured the ding moment in all its boring glory!

I didn't think I'd ever have a level 100, but here we are.

Why I say . . . a level 100 . . . bless your heart

Not only is he max level, but he also has a pretty nice set of gear and can take down tier 78ish dungeons.  Also, because of that, I took the 5 glyphs of his build and built them up to Level 15 to finish out his skill point build.  I've been playing the Heartseeker Rogue build found on Icy Veins. It's pretty brainless, but also pretty powerful.

Need . . . more . . . Vulnerable Damage!

I did modify the build a bit so that I could use the death trap ultimate.  It's pretty fun to watch things explode inside of it, and it combo'ed well with Montgomery's teleport vacuuming he was doing to gather up all the enemies. I could improve his gear a bit still, but honestly, I'm not sure I have it in me to do all that grinding.


2- Max Mustard

There was a screamer of a deal going on that the Ruff Talk discord channel informed me about.  Max Mustard, the VR Platforming game I've had my eye on for a while, went on sale for an amazing 90% off. So picking up a regularly $30 game for $3 was absolutely irresistible.

Gotta love when a game feels like a theme park ride at the same time

It's such a fun game. It reminds me a lot of Astrobot, which is one of the games that made me fall in love with VR in the first place.

There are some great moments so far in the game where not only are you platforming, but you're shooting plungers out at enemies and sucking things up with your vacuum gun. Here's a little video footage of the first level of the game I took for fun.  Enjoy!


3- Brawl Stars

I've been playing an unhealthy amount of Brawl Stars to be honest. It's one of those weekend morning things for me where I wake up before everyone else and just veg out to some Brawl Stars fun. 

That feeling when you lose 10 games in a row and drop rank

Once I complete my quests for the day, I usually grind a bit on PvP.  I got so close to bumping my rank above Diamond III to Mythic . . . and then I went on a terrible losing streak that took me all the way back down to mid-Diamond II. 

I've gotten some great characters since the last time I posted about Brawl Stars. Let's see . . . I've now added Spike, Mr. P, Pearl, Mandy, Kit, Maisie, Ash, Belle, Griff, and last but not least . . . Meg.

Not only did I get Meg, but I got her cool Aztec skin as well!

Of those listed above, Meg is the hero I've played and leveled the most. I just really like how she feels like Brawl Stars version of Dva from Overwatch.  She loads up into a tank that fires a crazy barrage of bullets and when her tank body explodes, it does damage to anyone surrounding it and runs around in a little human version until her ultimate charges, then she can build her tank again and keep going. Basically Dva, right?

Feels like someone is always playing spike in every match I play

Kit, Meg, and Spike are the good pulls out of the bunch -- they're all listed yellow legendary characters, and if played in the right hands, would be a serious threat.  The question remains if I'm "the right hands." ;)

~~

I'm hoping that July sees more time to game and definitely to post about gaming. I have quite a few more VR games to post about and play, and Dylan and I are looking to play some Seven Days to Die and possibly even Baulder's Gate 3.  It certainly would be fun to write about all of that here on The Friendly Necromancer blog.

Happy Dueling!

No comments: