Thursday, August 31, 2023

Blaugust Cliff Notes: Thanks for reading!

And here we are . . . another Blaugust comes to a close. It's pretty great to get fresh views on your site during the month and also get to read a bunch of great blog posts from other Blaugustians -- new and old! I've had a lot of fun clicking on all the links in our Blaugust Discord server. Unfortunately the month has also been pretty busy for me, so I haven't been as chatty as I typically am. (I tend to drop my social presence when things get busy -- my D&D buddies were worried.)

Just as a review, when Blaugust kicked up I was still in full Diablo IV mode, playing the new season and earning my seasons reward track. I was writing about quests in Scosglen and unlocking all my renown on my Sorceress. Probably my favorite post of the Diablo series was when I was listening to my wife watching Housewives while I was playing and ended up in a fevered-dream Diablo/Housewives crossover episode.  

Truly Trouble in Paradise . . .

Then Palia hit, and it was mega-fuel for the entire month! Almost half of my Blaugust was spent exploring this new world and just fishing up random stuff to try and impress Einar, my lovable robot boyfriend. It was so bad that even MassivelyOP noticed that I couldn't control myself and gave me top billing in their community Global Chat post last week. *blush* I usually don't get top billing there.  Felt pretty good, and I'm hoping Einar hears about it. (Thanks for helping me look good for my robot, Massively!)

pubescent caterpillar is still my favorite line in the game

Real life was definitely on my mind as I talked about my birthday and a trip to the new Meow Wolf in Grapevine, Texas. I'm still getting fuel from that visit, even making new trippy art for a psychedelic project over on the HITRECORD site, which is my new social media of choice lately. Also, my kid headed back to school and that flipped my schedule so I had to post at night instead of in the mornings. Also, speaking of psychedelic, the Beck/Phoenix concert was a laser light extravaganza!

I'm making weird art for HITRECORD from my pictures from Meow Wolf

I also talked about a few more cancelled games in my game portfolio posts. I still have one more left I could talk about believe it or not. Yeah. That's working in mobile games for you! It's such a highly competitive space. This site says there are 3,379 new apps a day on the Android store, which seems too specific to be true, but its heart is in the right place. Your app can drown in visibility very quickly.

Getting to storyboard these game comics was a job highlight I failed to mention

And finally I got to talk a bit about a few VR Games that were gaining dust in my virtual library. As it turns out, I typically don't have a burning desire to play exercise games and zombie/monster shooters -- go figure. Glad I got to "exercise" my typically not-seen side and shoot several things in the face. I actually have many more VR games I need to review that I've never played, and also VR games that I HAVE played but NEVER talked about on this blog, like A Fisherman's Tale (what a fun puzzle game that is) or Paper Beast (a trip into the wild and weird).

Didn't see myself doing this when Blaugust started . . .

Outside of all that, I mentioned how much I appreciated the band Low . . . and that there was the month of August in blogging. 

Unlike some who get the fire in them to keep it going well into the following months, now that a habit of posting has been established, I'm likely to take a bit of a break . . . but now I have some great ideas for things to write about! It's been a good month, but also quite busy. Mentally, it came in like a lamb and out like a lion for me, which typically happens every Blaugust. It's weird like that. All is well though. No worries. Just glad I made it through with a post every day.

Thanks for reading and as always . . .

Happy Dueling!

No comments: