I'm still playing Everquest Legends, which is strangely weird, but it also feels strangely like home? I love when MMOs feel that way, and right now my love language is all about "Frog Slayer Stingite Sleestak the Legend".
I like Frog Slayer as a title, but what I really want for a title is Godslayer because that's freaking heavy metal. To do that, I'm just going to need a couple weeks of farming the end boss of the Plane of Hate and the Plane of Fear. I can do that. I'm already up to ~25 kills out of the 100 I need for the title.
Speaking of the Plane of Hate, I have a tale of woe in two parts. There's a brand new Dungeon Crawl mode, which seems to really just be a revamp of the solo non-respawning instance with a new perk. The basic idea is you create a dungeon crawl and after clearing out all the bosses and the majority of the trash mobs, you'll get rewarded with a bunch of extra loot . . . basically a re-roll of everything you killed. The only places I really want to do that at this point is The Plane of Hate and The Plane of Sky.
SO, tale of woe part one happened last Thursday night. I roll up a Tier 4 Plane of Hate Dungeon Crawl and have at it. I play for three hours and go past my bedtime by an hour and a half, and I'm working the next day. By the time I finished up, I had destroyed 85 percent of the enemies and only had (what I thought) were like 2 bosses left. I could bring myself to stay on for another hour, so I logged off and went to sleep.
Tale of woe part two happened last night, because you know I was fired up to give the Plane of Hate another go! This time, I'm rocking it and making pretty good time, but it's still a slog solo. The rumor is that this really is a group activity (wow! I've never even grouped in this game!). After three hours in the Plane of Hate, my enemy count is 100 percent, and I've killed every boss except one. I'm looking around the map, and the only "boss" I can see up is the Evangelist of Hate, but he's not really a boss. He's more of a side quest stop for a necromancer quest called Words of Darkness.
The hardest part about the Evangelist of Hate is that he's teaching a class on evil stuff with a classroom full of angry students. A simple pull of these guys will cause you to end up with 13 tier'dal giving you the lesson of your life. So I begin the painstaking process of clearing out the wandering enemies outside the classroom, then using Calm on the students inside the classroom and pulling them out in chunks of 3 or 4.
Finally, after a couple deaths, I triumphantly killed the Evangelist of Hate . . . and . . . the boss counter still says "1 rare creature." GOSH DANG IT!
I went to Discord to see if I could find out if it was a bug, and yup, it's a bug. One person said they found the Maestro waaaaay out of bounds on the map, but I couldn't see him anyway, so I accepted the already generous pile of loot from a regular D4 Plane of Hate clear, and took myself to the Plane of Sky.
It was pretty disappointing to run into a bug and not get a heavy helping of extra loot, but when you're sitting with an inventory full of motes, it's hard to be too upset for too long . . . especially when this is the epitome of a first world problem. Hope they fix the bug soon!
Happy Dueling!
No comments:
Post a Comment