Friday, October 25, 2024

Greedy little coffin-throwing vampire penguins in Brawl Stars

I’ve been creeping around Brawl Stars' Halloween event and managed to get myself up to the 45th stop on the new Season 31, Scary Tales, Brawl Pass. I shouldn't have any issues going all the way to 50 on this one before the event ends on November 6th. 

Just a few more to go to finish it out! (Still don't know if I'm going to buy this though)

Gotta say that Halloween events in games are always fun. Brawl Stars hasn't disappointed: there have been sales, free stuff, and a bunch of new modes that have been, how would Count Pengula say, bloody good fun? Naturally, I had to sink my fangs into the Count Pengula skin (vampire penguins? That’s a coffin I’m willing to live inside).

Greedy little coffin-throwing vampire penguins for the win!

And to sweeten the cauldron, I also scored a free Hypercharge from the event! So, it looks like Angelo is next after I finish leveling Squeak (a character who also won a free hypercharge before the event started). It makes sense to level the characters who get a hypercharge talent for free since it's such a great boost. Unfortunately, I'm not that great at Angelo, but practice will make perfect.

Not really in my element in my element

As for the new Halloween game modes, what really digs me six feet deep is the new Payload mode where your payload is a coffin. Honestly, I love this mode. I'm kind of surprised that payload mode isn't a regular event like Brawl Ball or Heist. After years of playing overwatch, I'm all in for this mode ALL THE TIME. 

There’s also the zombie head toss mode (Volley Brawl), where the heads really roll, and you have to be in the right spot to bounce it back at the other team. It's essentially Volley Ball but with a Halloween twist. Good stuff.

And finally, Zombie Plunder is a game mode where you steal the other team's pumpkin and run it back to your team's hotspot. Also a pretty fun mode. I had some fun in Zombie Plunder this morning and recorded me going crazy with a little Frank action.

Overall, Dead Weight is the one that drove a stake through my penguin vampire's heart this season. It's drop-dead good. Honestly, Supercell! If you're reading, payload should become a permanent mode!  

So there you have it, the Halloween event in Brawl Stars is giving me all the thrills and chills I could ask for in a mobile game.

The real question is, when will we find out what THIS is?!

Happy Dueling!

No comments: