Sunday, September 1, 2024

TFN's Blaugust 2024 Roundup

Blaugust is officially over and I made my goal . . . I managed to post every day of the month, earning the Rainbow Diamond Award! That feels pretty great, and while it was tough, it also made me realize how if I really push, I could keep going and make a lot more posts here than I have been in the past 12 years or so. Maybe . . .


 So let's take a look back at what I was thinking about this month.

Unfortunately, my secret Blaugust wish I put out to the Universe on August 1st didn't come true.  Our house in Texas still hasn't sold.  It's just a really hard time to sell a house.

Next, as predicted, I had a lot of fun in 7 Days to Die last month and made three posts in total about the good times that Dylan, his sons, and I had.  

A shocking bathroom discovery!

Baulder's Gate 3 also provided a lot of post-fodder as predicted! Thanks to a lot of fun trying to remake an Everquest Beastlord in BG3, I was able to rack up around five posts.

and um yeah . . . that just happened . . . 

Brawl Stars got three posts and Squad Busters got two. This all makes sense since sitting down at the computer to play was a bit difficult this month, but hanging out on my phone was super easy. 

Only four posts this month were about VR games, which is surprising. I thought I'd post more about VR games, but it just didn't happen.

The real surprise of the month was how much talking about real life got. Nine posts were chatting up things going on in my real life.  I guess it's a good thing that real life was so prominent this month -- it typically means I'm out having a lot of fun with my family (or I'm just too busy to game).

I find it interesting how much I still think about working in the Games industry. I would love to keep it going somehow even though I've checked out. This month had me thinking about my Dragon Jousting game pitch and the characters I made for Battle Bows. Maybe someday this blog will start to focus on me creating something new as a part-time indie dev. That'd be amazing!

I don't know what the future holds, but I'm keeping my house-selling wish alive! It's no longer a secret Blaugust wish, it's now an out-in-the-open-all-the-time wish. It certainly would let me and my family move on from feeling like we're in limbo.  I honestly can't believe it hasn't sold yet. Kind of a weird burden that I wish wouldn't be a burden anymore.

Anyway . . . so . . . readers . . . while I have your ear, any requests for future content here on The Friendly Necromancer? I'd love to hear your thoughts. Thanks for reading!




Happy Dueling! 

1 comment:

Nimgimli said...

It's strange how if I just came upon your blog and started reading real life stuff I probably would not be interested, but once you've been reading someone's gaming blog it's like you get to know them a little and then the real life stuff is very interesting. People are weird. At least our brains are weird.

I can't think of anything specific to ask for: just keep on doing what you are doing! And I hope your house sells. I'm 64 and have never managed to own a house and would love to do so before I die, but probably not in Texas. I need a cooler clime. :)