Sunday, July 23, 2023

Level 50 Sorceress in Season One of Diablo 4

Season one dropped on Thursday and here it is Sunday, and I'm level 50 on my new Sorceress. Super happy with the class so far, but the cries of pain from the Diablo 4 players since the latest patch has been hard to ignore. All one has to do is read down through the comments on their developer video and you know. You just KNOW it's bad. Guess which class everyone says is now on the bottom tier? The Sorcerer. That's exactly why I'm playing the class to be honest. 

I love playing the underdog, but let's keep it real. I haven't played at the tip top of the game, grinding Nightmare Dungeons at the upper tiers of level 100. Because of that, I'll probably never know the gripes people are complaining about. Probably . . . I mean, there's still a couple months left in the season, right? Plenty of time!

To be honest, I've been thoroughly enjoying playing at level 48-50. I feel like I've come into my power. I got a sick unique staff that makes fireballs more awesome. All my Malignant jewels come with a nice padding of armor, so the run to 50 has been pretty nice. Best of all, my snake!! SNAAAAAKKKKE! 

Unlike the druid where I didn't even use my ultimate, with sorceress it was my priority one as soon as I could train it. Back at the launch of the game I'd occasionally see people using the fire snake ultimate and kinda fell in love with it. You cast it and it sucks everything into a nice tight circle, then for those few seconds you get a mana free splurge of firewalls, hydras, fireballs, and whatever-else-you-got while the snake does over 200 percent damage. It's just fun!

BURN THEM ALL!

I'm going pure fire with my build, and while that may be a bad decision since all the guides are saying you really should go with an ice build to survive end game, I just like lighting things up. Guides be damned . . . DAMNED WITH FIRE!

I can't wait to start getting more legendary weapon drops here in Nightmare so I can really start figuring out my build. This run up to 50 in three days time (that's fast for me -- especially compared to my last time leveling to 50) has been so fast and furious that I just haven't got a ton of gear that's stayed equipped for a long period of time. Now that I'm getting level 600+ gear rating items, things are going to be getting a bit more permanent. Of course, gear changing quickly is part of the fun, so . . . my interest may be dropping unless the cool gear be dropping. Come on, game! Drop it like it's HOT!

Behold the Staff of Endless Rage!

Overall I've enjoyed exploring the new malignant tunnels and fighting the malignant enemies found in Season one. The doubled up boss fights are interesting, but they do slow things down a bit. I think I'll find myself grinding those tunnels a bit trying to get the Omnipower jewel. Basically it's a super drain of mana that launches a mass of powered up projectiles. Figuring out how to use it most efficiently will be interesting.

Hope you're also enjoying Season One in Diablo 4! Drop me a note in the comments and let me know what's up for you! Hope you're all doing well.

Happy Dueling!

No comments: