Friday, March 1, 2019

Happy 13th Birthday DDO!

Dungeons and Dragon Online turned 13 yesterday! It was really cool to sit back and watch as Jerry Snook aka Cordovan played pretty much all day on Twitch yesterday with his DDO Community. He'd go into a typically peaceful town area and unleash hordes of monsters upon the players and then dump tons of party loot down on the ground for them to pick up. (If you're looking for a special 13th anniversary reward for DDO, check out this clipped highlight from the stream. )

Double Dragons!

It kind of reminded me of when I would unleash the turret bosses in the skyways of Pirate101

Anyway, as some of you know, I used to write quite a bit about DDO in my past.  There are a few posts here on The Friendly Necromancer Blog, but at some point I decided to splinter DDO discussion off and make a DDO exclusive blog called the Stormreach Sentinel. I even wrote about playing DDO for Beckett's Online Gamer Magazine back in the day.

gotta love when the magazine crease goes right down the middle of your character's face.

Needless to say, I like the game. Unfortunately I'm pulled in so many different directions that I don't get to visit that particular world as much any more, but I still have a Necromancer I'd like to level a bit more.

Currently they have their anniversary event running, so you too can go battle against the Developers in an Epic Anniversary Party dungeon crawl.


Severlin had a really hot head when we crossed paths

It's really great to see this MMO still kicking around, and I'm incredibly happy that Standing Stone games took up the mantle of responsibility when Turbine stepped out of the MMO picture. Congrats to them for sticking with it and making this a really fun game.

Happy Dueling.

2 comments:

EvenNote said...

DDO has been my gaming "home" since 2010. I've always loved it, but I think the move away from Turbine has done it a world of good. IMO the content in the past few years really shows that DDO is made by people who play it and love it.

And the anniversary event is pure fun!

Stingite said...

@EvenNote: 9 years with the same game shows some true love! Thanks for the comment!