Friday, October 17, 2008

Marleybone Death Throws

Hello friends!

Sadly, I'm sensing my time in Marleybone will soon come to an end. I've had a lot of fun, but I'm closing in on the Meowiarty fella. I do have a few words to say about the current content I’ve been dueling my way through.

Now here's a twist . . . clockwork spiders. For some reason I don't find them nearly as scary as the black widow or brown recluse I recently ran into. Clanker here was the first clockwork spider that I saw.



By the time I had finished up Katzenstein and the east counterweight of Big Ben, mecha-spiders were old school.

Katzenstein gave me a bit of trouble. Why?

For the Day 1 attempt, well I had a fella on my friend list who jumped in with me, and we just weren't meshing well together. Battles ended up taking longer, and we kept getting into more unnecessary fights with the random clockworks running around rather than just sticking to the boss fights. Also my hands were just not working out for me like they usually do. Bad draws. I ran out of time and had to leave.

For the Day 2 attempt I just simply didn't have enough time. I made it through the first couple bosses and oops . . . it was already time to get going into my real life adventures.

For the Day 3 attempt everything just fell into place and I finished the instance within my allotted hour of play time. Here's a good shot of the crazy-like-a-cat Dr. Katzenstein. If I remember right, he quoted me a cliché that sounded a lot like the lyrics to the Pet Shop Boys song, "opportunities." I don't know what's scarier . . . the cliché or that I had that Pet Shop Boys song in my head for the rest of the day. (I've got the brains, you've got the looks . . . hmmm hmm hmm hmm HMmmm)



After the good doctor filled his final prescription I got to talk to this Igor fella. (btw, anyone seen the new Igor film? Any good?) So you end up getting a chance to throw a lot of switches for Igor in the final room. My screenshot doesn't do justice to all the blue cartoony lighting flashing around this place.



Good times. Happy card dueling!

No comments: